Sign up today and we'll send you a 10% discount code towards your first purchase. Some restrictions apply.
Handmade in Ethiopia from recycled ammunition, this piece has a heavyweight, quality feel and is the perfect personality piece to complete your necklace stack. Featuring a rectangular pendant with the moon and sun (in the Ethiopian language of Oromo, moon and sun translates to this necklace's namesake - addeessa & aduu) and a chain of individual brass beads.
- 17 inches long with an additional 2 inches of chain extension for a max length of 19 inches
Each product supports living wages and helps transfer materials meant to cause harm, into products that support living wages and female dignity.
In addition to social good, brass is infinitely recyclable making it a perfect material as we begin to incorporate more sustainable business practices.
What makes it ethical
- Safe work environments for women free of abuse and known environmental hazards
- Living wages that allow women to afford food, education, clothes, and housing for themselves and their families
- Employers who view job creation as part of their mission rather than a cost to control
- No forced labor
- Dignity and respect for artisans by both their Ethiopian employers and by us as an American brand looking to highlight their dignity, strength, and resiliency
The artillery collection represents redemption. Giving something that had the power to cause pain and destruction, and using it to empower change.
The piece of jewelry in this collection comes from Ethiopian women who specialize in working with recycled bullet casing left over from the war between Ethiopia and Enitrea over a decade ago. These bullets have been stockpiled and crafted into beads you can see in bracelets, earrings and necklaces.
Subscribe today and get 10% off your first purchase